sábado, 4 de setembro de 2010

The Crossroads

It takes no time to fall in love, but a lifetime to let go... And even though my reasoning tells me I made the right choice by letting go, my heart will always wonder...

                     It will always wonder 
                     Because it'll never know

It will never know because I robbed it of that chance to find out.  I chose a different path, and in that path there's no room for us... So I chose to let us go... to leave us behind...

Painful as it was, a different choice wouldn't have been any less painful. And the heart would wonder nonetheless... Dwelling on a different doubt and a different pain, but still doubt and still pain... More striking and hurtful maybe.

You see, life is all about choices. And some of those choices can be life-changing. These are the crossroads of life. Following the same old path while forsaking a whole new one, full of new opportunities and hopes, comes with a lot of uncertainty and tears...

Tears I cry today, I'll cry tomorrow, and the next day and the next... Until eventually time will do its thing... And one day I'll wake up and find out I've run out of tears... And that will be the day I'll stop questioning my choice.

1 comentário:

  1. "Toda despedida é dolorosa por ser um pedaço da vida que deixamos p'ra trás, perdendo a chance de vive-la."
    Alvaro Granha Loregian

    ResponderEliminar